VIRTUAL SENSEI INFORMATION
Even though circumstances have changed, WE ARE STILL OPEN! Instead of in-dojo classes please take advantage of our online group and private lessons to keep progressing and help to alleviate the boredom of isolation. ZOOM will be the app we will be using to help facilitate this. This service is reserved for active Toraguchi members only.
HOW TO USE ZOOM:
Zoom works on Windows and Mac computers as well as Android and iOS devices. Laptops and tablets will work best.
- Mac and PC: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- iOS Phones and Tablets: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307
- Android Phones and Tablets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings&hl=en_CA
- Once downloaded sign up for your FREE account.
HOW TO JOIN A CLASS:
- Open the Zoom app on your device.
- Click on Sign in and enter your information.
- Click on “Join a Meeting”.
- Enter the Meeting ID.
- Class Meeting ID & Password will be sent via email every week.
- These details will also be available on the Spark App.
- Private Lesson ID’s will be sent to you via email.
- Sign in with audio and video enabled.
TIPS FOR PARTICIPATING IN ONLINE LESSONS:
- YOU MUST HAVE A STABLE HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION. Other internet use can affect your session quality. Try to limit family members from watching videos, browsing or playing online games using internet while you’re training. Make sure you close all apps running in the background that might use internet.
- YOU MUST HAVE VIDEO ON TO PARTICIPATE – This is a security measure to ensure that all participants are Toraguchi members and not outside parties.
- Clear as much floor space as possible.
- Karate students, please wear you FULL gi.
- Place camera at head level and make sure your whole body is visible – head to toe.
- You might be able to connect your phone/tablet/laptop to a TV for a better experience. Smart TV’s, Apple TV and other devices have these features. Check them out.
- Bluetooth earbuds/headphones connected to your device work great.
By participating in our Zoom online based classes and using the video feature you acknowledge that your image and that of your training area can be seen by other participants in the session. These are private sessions attended by members of Toraguchi Martial Arts.
Toraguchi Martial Arts bears no responsibility for use of these images or videos by participants.